Carbon zero is when we emit, or cause to be emitted, no additional carbon dioxide, CO2, into the atmosphere (besides from breathing!). AKA carbon neutrality and net-zero.
A carbon zero economy is when sustainability is at the heart of everything: power, industry, agriculture, transportation, your daily life. Imagine a world where all cars are solar-powered, where factory farming doesn’t exist. A world where we all work and live and use power and travel smartly. That’s a carbon zero economy and that’s where we need to be, quickly.
Carbon negative is when we absorb more CO2 than we emit. We can remove large amounts of CO2 by planting industrial hemp and other plants and trees at scale.
Carbon positive is when we contribute to the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.
Atmospheric CO2 has increased by 45% since the Industrial Revolution began in 1750.
Your carbon footprint represents your contribution of CO2 to the atmosphere. Calculate yours here.
CO2 graph by Femke Nijsse
Wikipedia on carbon neutrality: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_neutrality
Wikipedia on CO2 in the atmosphere: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide_in_Earth%27s_atmosphere
- My new aviation thriller, One Hell of a Flight, is now available in all ebook stores
- One Hell of a Flight – The new aviation thriller from Gary J Byrnes
- Free short story collection – Lockdown Dreams
- Right here, right now, totally free. Bestseller ‘9/11 Trilogy’
- PET – Read this complete, dystopian scifi story right here, right now
- My new aviation thriller, One Hell of a Flight, is now available in all ebook stores - 27th August 2022
- One Hell of a Flight – The new aviation thriller from Gary J Byrnes - 24th April 2022
- Free short story collection – Lockdown Dreams - 30th October 2021