As if we didn’t need any more reminding, the world is getting hotter
2020 joins 2016 as the joint hottest year on Earth on record. With alarming heatwaves, forest fires and a record 29 tropical storms in the Atlantic, the average global temperature was 1.25C above the pre-industrial temperature (1850-1900). We are inching ever-closer to the 1.5C temperature rise that will bring significant climate emergencies, and the 2C rise that will spell almost certain disaster.
The pandemic hasn’t helped much
Even though the burning of fossil fuels dropped by 7% in 2020 due to Covid-19 lockdowns, heat-trapping carbon dioxide – CO2 – has continued to build up in the atmosphere. The answer is what we’re aiming to actually do, with Hempoffset.com, our mission is to plant a billion acres of hemp. This will absorb 9 Gigatons (9 billion tons) of CO2 from the atmosphere each year, about a quarter of our CO2 emissions.
Your vision is our mission
Planting hemp at scale will buy us time, as we build a carbon-neutral world. We need to transform, from a global economy based on oil, weapons and death, to one based on plants, sustainable economies and a better life for all. And that’s a vision we believe is worth fighting for.
The Guardian, Climate crisis: 2020 was joint-hottest year ever recorded: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/jan/08/climate-crisis-experts-2020-joint-hottest-year-ever-recorded
EU Copernicus Climate Change Service: https://climate.copernicus.eu/
NASA Earth Observatory: https://www.earthobservatory.nasa.gov/global-maps
GIF from Giphy.com, Comedy Central Summer GIF By The Jim Jefferies Show
- Why the Dublin Aviva Covid vaccine experience sucks, and how design thinking can make it better
- UFOs explained by Occam’s Razor
- Hempoffset.com is live! Win your carbon footprint offset for a year!
- 420 + Earth Day = Hempoffset
- How to help the bees
- Why the Dublin Aviva Covid vaccine experience sucks, and how design thinking can make it better - 27th June 2021
- UFOs explained by Occam’s Razor - 26th June 2021
- Hempoffset.com is live! Win your carbon footprint offset for a year! - 13th June 2021